Looking for a fun, safe, social skill building and educational place for your child on their days off from school? The Joplin Family YMCA’s licensed childcare program is a great solution for you. Out of School Activity Days! The program is for children ages 5 to 12. Our child care services are available on days children are out of school. Our childcare program offers full day services at the Joplin Family YMCA location.
While at the Y, your child will experience a variety of activities. Our November 25th, 2022 (Black Friday) full day program hours are from 5:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. During our Black Friday full day of service, drop off time is between 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. with pick up time 12;30 p.m.-2:00 p.m. at the east door of the Y building. Breakfast will be provided between 6:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m. Lunch will be provided from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Our December 19th, 2022 through January 3rd, 2023 (Winter Holidays) full day of services hours are 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. During our Winter Holidays full day services, drop off times are between 7:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m. and picked up between 2:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. at the east door of the Y building. Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack will be provided.
Enrollment for Winter Activity Days 2022-2023
- Black Friday and Winter Break Activity Days Enrollment begins: Wednesday, November 9th.
- Winter Activity Days:
- November 25th: 5:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- December 19th-January 3, 2023: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (EXCEPT: December 24th and December 31st where hours are 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m)
- ENROLLMENT SPECIAL OFFER: Children who are enrolled and approved to attend the Winter Break Activity Days prior to November 23rd will be able to attend the Black Friday full day services at no additional cost.
- Spring Break Activity Days 2023: Enrollment begins March 1st, 2023
- Spring Break Activity Days 2023: March 20th through March 24, 2023, from 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Children who attend the Joplin Family YMCA School Plus afterschool program 2022-2023 school year can email ActivityDays@joplinfamilyy.org for their one-page enrollment form and pay no registration fee.
- Children who do not attend the Joplin Family YMCA School Plus afterschool program may enroll by pick up full enrollment packet in person at the Joplin Family YMCA or online.
- No daily drops during the December 2022 thru January 2023 full day services.
- All Activity Days (full days) services are at the Jolin Family YMCA location. Our childcare services have a capacity limit, so we encourage parents/legal guardians to enroll your child as early as possible.
- A sample of our full day activities are generally posted on the Y's Facebook page prior to the first day of enrollment and a sample of activities can be requested via email by emailing ActivityDays@joplinfamilyy.or after the month of October.
FEES (No Prorate Offered)
- Friday, November 25 (Black Friday): No additional fee if your child is enrolled in the Winter Activity Days (December 22, 2022-January 3rd, 2023) prior to November 23rd, 2022. If your child is not enrolled by November 23rd, 2022, the one day full day fee is $45.00.
- Winter & Spring Break Activity Days have a $50.00 registration fee (covers both) due upon registration. NOTE: This fee is for children who have not attended the Y's School Plus After School Program during the current school year. November 25th is considered a Winter Activity Day.
- Winter Break Activity Days: Enrollment starts November 8, 2022. Cost is $250.00 for total of 12 days.
- Spring Break Activity Days: Enrollment starts March 1, 2023. Cost is $145 for total of 5 days.
- All Fees must be paid at the time of enrollment and packets must meet all state enrollment requirements to guarantee your spot. Children with an outstanding YMCA childcare balance will not be permitted to enroll in Winter/Holidays/Spring Break/Activity Days.
- NOTE: State Subsidy enrollments; parent/guardian must pay our enrollment rate(s) at the time of enrollment. Reimbursement(s) will be processed after our program has been paid by the state and the amount of the reimbursement will be based on what the state pays.
- All Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
For more information, please inquire by emailing ActivityDays@joplinfamilyy.org.