We Have Updated Our Summer School Plus Extension Program Information To Reflect Programming Status At The Following Location
Carl Junction School District
- Dates of services: June 1st to June 28th, 2023
- Hours of operations: 2:10 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Open enrollment: May 10th, 2023
Children who currently participate in our After School Program (school year 2022-2023) can be enrolled by emailing SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org to request a one page enrollment form. The one page enrollment form can also be picked up at the Y location. Parents must turn in enrollment form a minimum of one week prior to attending and authorize billing. Please note: openings are limited and fill up quickly.
If your child does not participate in our After School program this school year, parent(s) must complete the full enrollment packet and provide shot records.
Students will be cared for in the old K – 1 building on the CJ campus, where they will be served a snack and engage in structured physical and other activities. Parents must pick up children at this location by 6 pm.
Joplin Schools: Dates of services May 31,2023 to June 27, 2023 (subject to change). In partnership with Joplin R-8, daily busing to our facility will now be offered during summer school throughout the month of June. The participating schools are TBD.
Note: Late drop off time due to school location distance from the Y. Children will be dropped off at the front entrance of the Y by transporting R8 buses with a variance of drop off times. Y Child Care Staff will meet children at drop off location to assist with integrating in with summer day camp campers. Parent pick up will be at the East door of the Y building between 3:15 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. for children enrolled in Summer School Plus Extension.
Webb City School District: 2023 Summer School Extension TBD by the end of April 2023.
What You’ve Just Got To Know
- Who? Ages 5 – 12
- What? Afterschool child care during summer school.
- When? Directly after school until 6 pm or full day services as part of our inclusive child care
- Where? Carl Junction Elementary School or at the Joplin Family YMCA location
- Why? Structured safe environment, licensed program, social skills building, homework assistance, virtual learning materials, healthy fuel up and stay fit!
- Cost? $50 initial registration fee, if your child has not participated in our after school program this shool year (2022-2023).
- Weekly Fee? $45.50 per week per child
- Is there financial assistance available? As part of our mission, we want to help families during the COVID-19 health crisis and financial crisis. We encourage families to apply for financial assistance by completing and returning our financial aid form indicated below.
Enrolling Your Child
Enrollment documents can be turned in at the Joplin Family YMCA or emailed to SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org. Enrollment documents can also be faxed to (417)625-2503. Note: Child’s immunization records must be included with your enrollment packet. Per Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services children cannot participate in a licensed after school program without immunization records on file.
Note: In an effort to keep your banking information confidential the “Financial Agreement Form” can be submitted separately from the enrollment packet and only submitted either in person, by fax (417)625-2503 or by uploading the completed and signed copy to the provided link below.
The Y understands some families have faced challenges in 2020 and as part of our cause mission in action financial aid maybe available for those who qualify. Please see financial aid application below.
Applications may be submitted in person or via email to SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org using the subject "Summer School Plus Extension Aid Request"
State Subsidy Aid and tribal subsidies are also accepted for those who qualify