We Have Updated Our After School Program (Summer School Extension) Information To Reflect Programming Status At The Following Locations
Carl Junction School District
- Dates of Services: June 1st to June 28th, 2023
- Hours of Operations: 2:10 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Open Enrollment: March 29th, 2023
Students will be cared for in the old K-1 building on the CJ campus, where they will be served a snack and engage in structured activities. Parents must pick up children at this location by 6:00 p.m.
Joplin School District
- Dates of Services: May 31st to June 29th, 2023
- Hours of Operations: 3:05 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Open Enrollment: March 29th, 2023
In partnership with Joplin R-8, students who enroll in our Summer School Plus Program will be bussed to the Irving Elementary location where they will be served a snack and engage in structured activities. Parents must pick up children at this location by 6:00 p.m.
PARTICIPATING JOPLIN SCHOOLS:
Summer School Location School Student Attends During Regular Year
Dover Hill (incoming K-5) Dover Hill, Cecil Floyd, Royal Heights
Irving (incoming K-5) Cecil Floyd, Irving
Soaring Heights (incoming K-5) Soaring Heights, Eastmorland, McKinley
Stapleton (incoming K-5) Kelsey Norman, Stapleton
What You’ve Just Got To Know
- Who? Ages 5 – 12
- What? Afterschool childcare during summer school.
- When? Directly after school until 6 pm.
- Where? Carl Junction Elementary School or Irving Elementary School.
- Why? Structured safe environment, licensed program, social skills building, homework assistance, virtual learning materials, healthy Fuel Up and Stay Fit!
- Cost? $50 initial registration fee, if your child has not participated in our After School Program this school year (2022-2023).
- Weekly Fee? $46.00 per week per child.
- Is there financial assistance available? As part of our mission, we want to help families facing financial crisis. We encourage families to apply for financial assistance by completing and returning our financial aid form indicated below.
Enrolling Your Child
Children who currently participate in our After School Program (school year 2022-2023) can be enrolled by emailing SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org to request a one-page enrollment form. The one-page enrollment form can also be picked up at the y location. Parents must turn in enrollment forms a minimum of one week prior to attending and authorize billing. Please note: Openings are limited and fill up quickly!
If your child does not participate in our After School Program this school year, parents/guardians must complete the full enrollment packet and provide shot records.
Enrollment documents can be turned in at the Joplin Family YMCA or emailed to SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org. Enrollment documents can also be faxed to (417)625-2503. Note: Child’s immunization records must be included with your enrollment packet. Per Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services children cannot participate in a licensed After School Program without immunization records on file.
Note: In an effort to keep your banking information confidential the “Financial Agreement Form” can be submitted separately from the enrollment packet and only submitted either in person, by fax (417)625-2503 or by uploading the completed and signed copy to the provided link below.
As part of our cause mission, the Joplin Family Y strives to make sure no child is ever turned away due to financial hardship. Please see financial aid application below.
Applications may be submitted in person or via email to SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org using the subject "Summer School Program Aid Request."
State Subsidy Aid and Tribal Subsidies are also accepted for those who qualify.