Enrollment Dates for Fall/Winter 2023/2024 Coming this Summer
At the Y, part of our cause is to be a mission in action. We know now more than ever our mission in action will be to identify the community’s needs and provide those identified needed services for child care. The current health crisis has made it imperative that we pivot in the directions of closing the gap in services for working families. Our cause mission to put principles into practice by offering more of an inclusive service related to the local school’s educational structure.
Safe & Supervised, Licensed Child Care
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We understand the difficulties working families face in raising children, so we are here to provide help with homework and a healthy snack so that time at home is truly family time.
When your child spends time with the Y after school, they are not returning to an empty house unsupervised. Our training staff create opportunities for children to continue learn, grow and thrive.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ! To ensure your child's enrollment, we encourage you to enroll before the peak time of August. Enrollments received in August, could potentially be impacted with a longer processing time due to the number of enrollments already received. Our licensed child care operates under enrollment capacities of 32-60 children.
What You’ve Just Got to Know
- Who? Ages 5 – 12
- What? Afterschool child care
- When? Directly after school until 6 pm
- Where? On-site at your child’s elementary school or school district
- Why? Structured safe environment, licensed program, social skills building, homework assistance, virtual learning materials, healthy fuel up and stay fit!
- Cost? $50 initial registration fee + $46.00 per week per child
- Is there financial assistance available? The Y understands some families are facing challenges and as part of our cause mission in action, financial aid may be available for those who qualify. We encourage families to apply for financial assistance by completing and returning our financial aid form indicated below.
- Program specific weekly rate: After School program for Carl Junction: weekly rate adjusted due to early outs on Fridays-$46.75
Enrolling Your Child
Enrollment documents can be turned in at the Joplin Family YMCA or emailed to SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org. Enrollment documents can also be faxed to (417) 625-2503. Note: Child’s immunization records must be included with your enrollment packet. Per Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services children cannot participate in a licensed after school program without immunization records on file.
Note: In an effort to keep your banking information confidential the “Financial Agreement Form” can be submitted separately from the enrollment packet and only submitted either in person, by fax (417)625-2503 or by uploading the completed and signed copy to the provided link below.
Also, note enrollments after the middle of August may have a delay in processing due to it being our enrollment peak time. If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please email us at SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org.
To apply, please complete and return to the Joplin Family Y.
Applications may be submitted in person or via email to SchoolPlus@joplinfamilyy.org using the subject "After School Aid Request"
State Subsidy Aid and tribal subsidies are also accepted for those who qualify. All state subsidy enrollments that do not have prior authorization by the state AND we have not received the authorization, the parent or guardian must apply for financial aid. That enrollment will remain as a financial aid application until state authorization is approved and received. Enrollments will not be accepted until parents or guardians follow this process and the process is complete. NOTE: we will not back date for state subsidy enrollments.
School Plus After-school Care is offered at the following schools during the school year:
- Carl Junction
- Cecil Floyd
- Columbia-Transported to West Central
- Harry S. Truman/Bess Truman
- Jefferson-Transported to West Central
- Kelsey Norman
- McKinley-Transported to Eastmorland
- Royal Heights-Transported to Eastmorland
- Soaring Heights
- West Central
- Madge T. James
- Webster (Program location is Madge T James)
- Eugene Fields, Mark Twain, & Webb City Middle School Locations will not have After School Services provided through the Joplin Family Y